Baked Chicken Over Corn

This is another recipe from Kill the Gluten that I thought I'd give a try. It is easy and healthy and turned out well. I will add some more spices and possibly some onion next time around...there are many options to jazz it up a little bit, but this base recipe itself is pretty good too.

Ingredients:
- frozen corn
- chicken, seasoned with salt, pepper and paprika, cut in strips
- sliced avocado
- sliced tomato
- cheddar cheese
- cooked rice
Directions:
-Layer frozen corn (enough to cover bottom of 2-qt. baking dish), chicken strips, avocado, and tomato.
- Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover, and bake another 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
I will probably add sliced onion next time and I seasoned mine with some chili powder and onion salt (which may not be needed when adding onion). I also topped with FF sour cream and served tortilla chips on the side.

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

Have I told you that I love this blog? This looks so good to me right now...I think I'm going to try it tomorrow!

Kirsten said...

I have to give you an update...this was really good! I added some sliced red onion and some chili powder to the chicken, and used homemade spanish rice instead of plain. Thanks for the recipe :)

Marci said...

Thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely try them next time. I'm glad you like the site...and leave comments :-)!

Chalonn said...

We tried this for dinner tonight. I actually love coming to your menu blog for ideas. Anyway, we all loved this dish. I seasoned it really well with onions and garlic salt. It was YUMMY!!!!

Marci said...

I think this turned out much better the second time around! I added thinly sliced red onion on top of the corn before the chicken and generously sprinkled the chicken layer with garlic salt, chili powder and paprika. The leftovers were great inside tortillas!

Kelley said...

Yum! I always get so hungry when I look at this blog/